Do Not Fall Into The Trap And Let Someone Else Hack Your Instagram Account Of Yours
Social media platforms – Prime target for hackers
Every social media application or social media platform is the main target for hacking and breaching. This is because many users and a concentrated set of people are active for a longer duration of time on identical servers are databases. Hackers use this as a chance to breach and hack Instagram accounts. Cybersecurity must be improved to prevent foreign and suspicious access to these websites or IP addresses. The need for antivirus systems for protection and an alert whenever a situation like this happens is recommended.
To stay safe and keep your account protected from not getting hacked, you can follow these simple steps daily.
- Never give your password to anyone else. Even if you are typing your password on another device, the ‘always stay signed in’ option is disabled. By doing so, you will be logged out as soon as you exit the application, and your information will not be saved in the system.
- Create a strong password. Include numbers, symbols, and alphabets in your password so that another person cannot guess it. Your password should not be something that can easily be associated with you.
- Please stay away from promotional links that ask you to click on them. There have been many instances where people get messages from an unknown account, along with a link saying, ‘click here to win INR 10,000 cash prize’ or something like that. They are known as clickbait links. Kindly delete such messages and refrain from opening them.
- Link your account to your mobile number. By doing so, you will receive information about the status of your account on your phone. The updates are very useful to track your Instagram account.
- Enable the two-factor authentication on Instagram. This is like double protection to your account. Upon giving the correct password, Instagram will ask you to enter a one-time password sent to the registered mobile number. This option has proven to be of great help, and the amount of protection it gives is enough to keep your Instagram account safe from getting hacked.
Be systematic, responsible, and alert.
If you follow these steps, then your Instagram account will be safe from hackers. It is important to keep a note of your password somewhere so that you do not forget it. Stay alert always and keep track of whatever is happening on your social media account every day. These are some simple ways to prevent someone else from hacking Instagram account yours.